Wednesday, December 9, 2009

65 Days

We have 65 more days until Peanut’s due date. I can’t believe how quickly the time has passed, but then it also has felt like it’s never ending. We still have not been able to decide on a name for our littlest peanut. We have a few “runner ups” and are sure that we will know in time which name will be perfect for him.

As of today, peanut has been quite the little kicker – I think he has soccer written in his future. He kicks first thing in the morning when my alarm comes on and has little kick sessions during the day. The most joyous kicking moments of all are the ones when his daddy talks to him and he responds by kicking right back at him. We have made this our little evening activity (usually during the commercial breaks). It is just so much fun to see that the little guy hears his dad and seems to be saying….”yeah, yeah…I am in here. Come and play with me.”

Here are the latest pictures of our little man from our ultrasound a few weeks back. He did not cooperate well and really did not want us to get a shot of his cute little face. The technician tried for a while but Peanut persisted to keep his face covered with his little hands. Almost as if to say "enough with the pictures already."




Peanut was measuring a week ahead of schedule and his estimated weight at 29 weeks was 3.2 lbs. I can’t believe that we only have one more ultrasound in January and then the next time we’ll see him, we will get to hold the little guy in our arms. Until then, there is much to do. As always, I leave everything for the last minute and really let time creep up on me. I have to pre-register with the hospital, schedule a meeting with the birth advisor, set up a meeting with our pediatrician, complete all my maternity leave paperwork, get myself into a baby store and run a bunch of errands to get ready for his arrival. Oh...and then there is Christmas. I have not gotten one single present yet.

In the meantime, I am actually looking forward to Christmas this year. This past weekend, I pulled out the boxes of Christmas decorations from our storage room and decorated the house. It felt good decorating and I love seeing all the little santas, snowman and miniature trees around the living room and kitchen. I decorated with a tear and a smile on my face. It is just such a bittersweet time of the year since Lucas would probably just be old enough now to be mesmerized by the lights and decorations. We are planning on going to the tree farm this upcoming weekend to cut our tree. I am glad we will be going again this year, but I already know that I will be hard at the same time.

4 comments:

  1. Little "Peanut" is sooo cute!!! I can't wait to meet him. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susi, thank you so much for commenting on my blog! It tickles me to no end to know that we picked out bedding like Lucas's for our little guy. Lucas is beautiful, and I'm so, so sorry he's not here with you. I'm thrilled to read that you're expecting Peanut right around the same time we're expecting "LD", though I know this new little one in no way replaces Lucas in your lives or hearts. Sending you lots of love and well wishes this holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS--Peanut is another cutie, just like his big brother!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seems to me like you've got a feisty lil guy on your hands. Can't wait to meet him soon. T-minus 32 days (give or take)!!! Btw, did the hub tell you that "peanut" in spanish is Mani (with a tilde on the "i")? Maybe you could name him Manny? Just a thought...

    ~ Becca

    ReplyDelete