Saturday, December 19, 2009

Little Things in Life

I have always been the kind of person that appreciates the little things in life. However, since we lost Lucas I feel that I do appreciate them now even more than ever. I know nothing is a given in life and things can change from one second to the next. So, I try to make an effort to enjoy the happy moments I have and hold on to them to make it through the not so happy ones. There is a quote by Henry Louis Mencken that puts this into words perfectly - "You can't do anything about the length of your life, but you can do something about its width and depth."

Now, to the actual reason why I wanted to post this morning.....I met a friend for lunch the other day and not only did she help me run some of my much procrastinated errands, but she also gave me a little something (little only in size, huge in meaning) for Peanut. It really just touched me and I am so lucky to be surrounded by thoughtful and caring friends like her.

Here is what she got for Peanut - it is the cutest thing ever and I can't wait to pull this out every year when we decorate our tree and tell Peanut year after year why he got this.

The little ornament is so adorable and brought tears to my eyes. We will find a very special place for it on our tree this year and I am certain that it will delight us when we unwrap it with the start of each and every christmas season that is to come for our family.

The ornament also has a description of "Peanuts" that reads the following: Peanuts symbolize mystery since their shells completely hide their contents. Called "treasures" beneath the ground." How true! There is the little treasure hiding inside of me and we can't wait to meet him. Only 6-8 more weeks to go (hopefully he decides to make is entrance a few days before his due date).

No comments:

Post a Comment